Welcome to our blog about life with six alpaca "fiber boys" in the Colorado foothills! We post once a week, usually on the weekend, when life slows down to sweet, slow dance. ~ Gib & Lisa

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Mighty Mini


I recently went to our great local feedstore,  Westside Feed (located, amazingly, on the WEST side of Loveland on Highway 34), and requested:
  • two bags of alpaca feed, 
  • one bag of beet pulp, 
  • one bag of Senior horse feed
  • three bags of paper shavings
  • and a partridge in a pear tree (OK, it was actually a bag of dog treats, but you can't hum that).
I said, more to myself than anyone around, "I THINK that will all fit in the car."

The-nice-man-behind-the-counter (I did not ask his permission to use his name, so I shall refrain from doing so) politely asked what type of car I was driving, and when I said, "the Mini," he looked at me with the same expression you get from your girlfriends when you tell them that you have finally found the-diet-that-will-work-this-time-really.  

As you can see from the photo above, it thankfully all did fit, and the Mini had no trouble making it home up the hill (we live at 6,700 feet above sea level, which incidentally is also above the "high altitude" description on many boxed baking products, a handy excuse for flat cookies and brick-hard cakes).

 
I had to take one more picture to put it all in context, with the Mini beside the Durango, which used to be the "feed" car, and is now the "dog" car.  

After all, you can't expect a spoiled-rotten Border Collie to be comfortable in the tiny back seat of the Mini now, can you?





No comments:

Post a Comment