Welcome to our blog about life with six alpaca "fiber boys" in the Colorado foothills! We post once a week, usually on the weekend, when life slows down to sweet, slow dance. ~ Gib & Lisa

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A New Trick

You know how toddlers get into mischief when unsupervised? The same thing goes for young alpacas. One-and-a-half-year-old Ralphie learned a new trick recently while I had my back turned cleaning his stall. 

For two days in a row, I came out of the stall to find a single paper-towel sheet on the ground. The first day, I thought maybe I'd dropped it. The second day, I knew I hadn't. The third day, I watched, and saw this:


Mr. Innocent: Just saying "hi" to the dogs.
 

Wait!  What's that I see out of the corner of my eye?

Well...it's not green like my food, it doesn't smell like my food, and it doesn't look like my food, but surely it tastes like my food! (Alpaca logic...)

Ick! This isn't my food.  (Surprise!)

But I can make it fly ~ whee!  Oh, oh...someone's watching ~ gotta go!

We did not do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment