Welcome to our blog about life with six alpaca "fiber boys" in the Colorado foothills! We post once a week, usually on the weekend, when life slows down to sweet, slow dance. ~ Gib & Lisa

Monday, November 21, 2011

It's ALMOST Finished!

I spent all day Saturday at the McKee Medical Center "Winter Wonderland" craft show, and met some delightful new friends!  Since I can take my loom anywhere, I was SUPPOSED to be finishing a custom-order scarf that was due today, but I didn't get very far.  I blame it on all the interesting people at the show (including Betsy and Andy, from whom we bought the beautiful Polish pottery bowl you see on the pellet stove below; the sweet couple also gave us a neat lighted wine bottle for the weaving room ~ it has a crazy llama on it)!

After some diligent work on Sunday, though, the scarf was off the loom, and soaking by 9 p.m.  I'd hoped it would dry overnight, but that was wishful thinking.

So, this is my newest scarf-drying method.  As of 6 a.m., it has now has exactly one hour to get completely dry, then I'll trim the fringe, and I will have MET MY DEADLINE!

So here's an apt quote for today:  

"I love deadlines!  
I especially like the sound they make 
as they go whooshing by."  
       
~Unknown, 
but most likely 
a writer or a weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment